A Quick promo copy tip for you that will increase the perceived value of your offers.
Apply what I am about to share with you any time you want to communicate the value of time.
Logically, we know that seven days and one week are equal amounts of time.
However, instinctively, you FEEL them as UNequal.
Let’s say you’re promoting a program where you will help your clients achieve a specific result, with your support.
When you talk about the time it will take them to achieve the result, using the SMALLER unit of time will be perceived as being EASIER, less effort.
“Do the difficult thing for one week to achieve this result”
“Do the difficult thing for seven days to achieve this result”
When you see the lower number – one in this example – you INSTINCTIVELY feel it as less time and effort than the higher number – even though logically you know they’re the same amount of time.
When you talk about the length of time they have access to a BENEFIT, then the HIGHER number is perceived as longer/MORE valuable.
“Get access to email support from me for seven days.”
“Get access to email support from me for one week.”
The higher number – seven – feels longer than the lower number, even though they’re the same amount of time.
Use the lower number to communicate the time to effort ratio.
Use the higher number to communicate the time to benefit.
Then, the VALUE of your offers will INCREASE, you’ll receive fewer price objections and make more sales!
- Why Paying Income Tax is a Privilege - January 18, 2021
- Do You Track Your Abundance? - January 8, 2021
- You have many more pages and chapters still to write - January 7, 2021
- [Episode 27] When Did You Last Do This? - January 4, 2021
- [Episode 26] Making Micro Decisions for Macro Success - December 28, 2020
- [Episode 25] Take the Friction Out of Your Buying Process and Make More Money - December 21, 2020
- [Episode 24] Delivering Online Programs: Interview with Vivienne Hill - December 14, 2020
- [Episode 23] The Secret Sauce to Make Your Promo Copy Sizzle! - December 7, 2020
- [Episode 22] Facebook Networking During Lockdown with Suzanne Dibble! - November 30, 2020
- [Episode 21] Why You Shouldn’t Discount on Black Friday! - November 23, 2020