A Quick promo copy tip for you that will increase the perceived value of your offers.
Apply what I am about to share with you any time you want to communicate the value of time.
Logically, we know that seven days and one week are equal amounts of time.
However, instinctively, you FEEL them as UNequal.
Let’s say you’re promoting a program where you will help your clients achieve a specific result, with your support.
When you talk about the time it will take them to achieve the result, using the SMALLER unit of time will be perceived as being EASIER, less effort.
“Do the difficult thing for one week to achieve this result”
“Do the difficult thing for seven days to achieve this result”
When you see the lower number – one in this example – you INSTINCTIVELY feel it as less time and effort than the higher number – even though logically you know they’re the same amount of time.
When you talk about the length of time they have access to a BENEFIT, then the HIGHER number is perceived as longer/MORE valuable.
“Get access to email support from me for seven days.”
“Get access to email support from me for one week.”
The higher number – seven – feels longer than the lower number, even though they’re the same amount of time.
Use the lower number to communicate the time to effort ratio.
Use the higher number to communicate the time to benefit.
Then, the VALUE of your offers will INCREASE, you’ll receive fewer price objections and make more sales!
- [Episode 31] I am stuck. I am overwhelmed - February 22, 2021
- [Episode 30] When Your Responses Are Unhealthy - February 15, 2021
- [Episode 29] Who Do You Think You Are Talking To? - February 8, 2021
- [Episode 28] Connection Request Assumptions that will Stall Your Business Growth - February 1, 2021
- Why Paying Income Tax is a Privilege - January 18, 2021
- Do You Track Your Abundance? - January 8, 2021
- You have many more pages and chapters still to write - January 7, 2021
- [Episode 27] When Did You Last Do This? - January 4, 2021
- [Episode 26] Making Micro Decisions for Macro Success - December 28, 2020
- [Episode 25] Take the Friction Out of Your Buying Process and Make More Money - December 21, 2020