- [Facebook T&Cs update] Are you prepared for this? - September 15, 2020
- Why do you need so much money? - September 8, 2020
- Are You Assuming The Negative Outcome? - September 5, 2020
- “I DON’T DO MUCH ON FACEBOOK. IT’S TOO NOISY!” - September 3, 2020
- Managing Disappointments in Business - August 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches & Experts Stay Time And Cash Poor (& How To Fix It) - July 31, 2020
- You Can’t Think Your Way Out of Overwhelm - July 25, 2020
- Having a plan B for the plan B! - July 17, 2020
- The content procrastination trap (and an article about me!) - July 14, 2020
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020
I was asked an EXCELLENT question today.
“I’ve seen you say you want to double your turnover to $500k/year. Why do you need so much money?”
I’m going to gloss over the word ‘need’, except to say, I teach my Mastermind clients NEVER to use the word ‘need’ to relate to anything financial.
‘Need’ is just a story we tell ourselves, based on our beliefs around money.
Being in ‘need’ energy repels anyway.
We choose, follow flow.
Back to the question, and I loved it because I related to the thinking behind it.
I came from a single parent family, living on a council estate.
Money was scarce – I didn’t even have a colour TV until I left home (cue world’s smallest violin lol)
Having ‘no money’ was part of my identity, my DNA.
“People like us” don’t have money.
At the start of my business journey I would judge people who talked of making a lot of money as spammy, spammy – wrong.
I had to do a lot of work to change my belief system around money.
And what I believe now is this …
We get paid in exchange for the value we add to the world, the transformation we effect.
And we get paid at a level we deem to be ‘safe’ for us to receive AND keep.
(Did you feel a twinge in your stomach at ‘and keep’?)
The more value we add, the greater the transformation we effect, the more money we receive.
The more money we receive, the greater the transformation we effect.
We can hire a team:
– my VA would still be working 3 jobs had I not uplevelled my value exchange. Now they work full time from home.
We can buy other products and services (and pay the supplier fairly for them) helping their business thrive so they can have a greater impact too
We can create generational security:
Although not a priority for me as we don’t have kids, but if you do, you can support their future in whatever way, and at whatever level you choose.
We can give more to worthy causes that matter to us helping them to help more people too:
(And more money means you can also donate more of your time, without it being at the expense of your family’s security.)
Your financial beginnings do not have to determine your current reality.
Your financial reality today does not have to be your financial reality tomorrow.
And what you believe to be true about your capacity to make and keep money is just a story.
You can choose to rewrite your money story.
Do the work on your money mindset so when money does show up for you, you don’t immediately shove it out the door again (spend it).
Do the work on your money mindset so you aren’t over giving to your clients, yet under giving (under earning) to yourself.
As Denise Duffield-Thomas says, “you serve, you deserve!”
You can’t help more people by becoming the person who requires the help.