Last week, Facebook announced a new update to their T&Cs.
The update grants them the right to remove posts, comments or access to services, when a user has put Facebook at risk of a legal challenge.
Prior to this change, we had seen an increase in posts that communicate anything about the current world situation that is opposite to the ‘mainstream view’, as being ‘Fake News’.
With this change to their T&Cs, it would seem they are about to ramp up their enforcement.
Which will likely result in an increase in people having their access to Facebook temporarily or permanently restricted.
The good news imo, that for us as coaches and experts, there is no reason for us to talk about the current world events in the course of serving our audience.
In other words, this change doesn’t affect your ability to generate income from organic marketing on Facebook.
So, with all that said, there is ONE step I strongly urge you take right now.
Protect your Facebook business assets, in case your account is temporarily or permanently restricted.
If you have any Facebook groups …
And/or Facebook business pages …
Please check RIGHT NOW that your personal account is NOT THE SOLE ADMIN of those groups and pages!
If your personal account is the sole admin and your account is restricted, your business assets will be unmoderated.
If your account is permanently shut down, your business assets will be UNRECOVERABLE!
Ideally, you want a minimum of THREE admins for each group or page…
Your life partner or child – a family member you trust deeply
And someone else.
All three of these admins should have top level admin rights.
Then, if your account is restricted or deactivated, you can either access them via your alternative admin’s account or they can access for you.
My Facebook account was restricted for 24 hours back in 2012, and disruption was minimal because I could still communicate with my clients via Bill’s phone, logged into his account.
In episode 12 of my “The Introvert Online” podcast, I cover this topic in greater details because there are a few other important considerations to bear in mind.
I didn’t want to turn this blog post into a book by listing them all here.
Click the link below to subscribe to The Introvert Online on your favourite podcast app, so you are notified when episodes go live at 7.30am on Monday.
- The Introvert Online Podcast on Apple
- The Introvert Online Podcast on Spotify
- The Introvert Online Podcast on Stitcher
- Somebody doesn’t know - May 6, 2021
- Four Steps To Writing Copy That Converts! - April 24, 2021
- Inspiration from Steve Coogan - April 20, 2021
- [Episode 31] I am stuck. I am overwhelmed - February 22, 2021
- [Episode 30] When Your Responses Are Unhealthy - February 15, 2021
- [Episode 29] Who Do You Think You Are Talking To? - February 8, 2021
- [Episode 28] Connection Request Assumptions that will Stall Your Business Growth - February 1, 2021
- Why Paying Income Tax is a Privilege - January 18, 2021
- Do You Track Your Abundance? - January 8, 2021
- You have many more pages and chapters still to write - January 7, 2021