One way I see introvert Coaches and experts sabotage their results on Facebook is your inability to promote yourself.
Sick of scratching around for money because you’re not making enough, or you’re on the income rollercoaster and can’t rely on the next enquiry or sale coming in.
Frustrated that your audience don’t recognise the value of what you offer. They can’t see how much better their life or business could be if only they hired you.
Secretly resenting that ‘another person in your industry’ seems to be attracting clients easily, and making more money, even though you’ve been doing you thing for longer than they have, and you know much more about your thing than they do!
Anyone connected with you on Facebook would have to scroll down months (potentially, even years!) of posts on your personal profile to find even one where you are promoting yourself and your offerings!
However, what we CAN see is you…
… ALL over sharing your friends’ posts and telling everyone how amazing their products and services are.
… ALL over promoting the charity you’re raising money for, posting daily to ask for donations.
… ALL over sharing the story of why your partner/sibling/parent/dog is so deserving of the help or donations they need.
In fact, you’re happy to promote anyone or anything you care about… EXCEPT YOURSELF!
You… the MOST VALUABLE asset in your business …
You… the most deserving of being rewarded for the value you bring to the world …
… and there you are, putting yourself right at the back of the queue of people worthy of receiving your audience’s money!
Listen, I get it.
I know it can be hard for introverts to big ourselves up – especially when you had it drummed into you as a kid that ‘nobody likes a show off!’
I know it can be easier to promote someone or something who isn’t you.
But the success you hope for isn’t going to happen until you get out of your own way and start getting comfortable asking for the sale.
While we can focus 80% of our marketing on responding, you do still have to spend 20% initiating – making sure your audience know why you’re the expert for them.
I teach my clients that the easiest way to shift their thinking on this is to step outside of themselves.
Pretend that you’re talking about your friend/partner/dog and bigging them up.
Pretend that it’s NOT you who will benefit.
Then, first, scroll through your personal posts – when was the last time you promoted yourself?
Next, put a post out on your personal profile TODAY!
Tell your audience why they should buy from you and ask for sale.
Do it. Move out of your way.
Put your own oxygen mask on first!
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020
- My Facebook ‘Tactics’ to Avoid - June 17, 2020
- Why I Buy Myself Anchor Gifts - May 20, 2020
- Generating Income from an Expert Business Long-Term - February 7, 2020
- 5 Introvert Traits You Don’t Need to Change to Succeed Online - January 16, 2020
- Take off Your Invisibility Cloak and You Will Be Seen on Facebook - November 12, 2019
- Algorithms and the Ever-Decreasing Facebook Post Reach - September 12, 2019
- Celebrating Our Highest Monthly Sales from Organic Facebook Marketing - August 7, 2019
- 17 Weird Quirks Very Few People Know About Me - July 11, 2019
- Introvert Facebook Group Owners be Like… - May 31, 2019