Imagine this… It’s lunchtime. You want to grab a quick sandwich and a bottle of water.
The nearest shop to where you are is Tesco. It’s not a store you have been into before, but you know a few people who shop there.
You’re in a hurry so you run in, hoping to find what you want quickly and get out before you bump into someone you know.
You’re just inside the door, when suddenly…
“WELCOME TO TESCO [Your name]!
PLEASE COME TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK AND TELL US WHAT HAS BROUGHT YOU TO TESCO TODAY… AND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR!”
Seems ridiculous, right?!
That’s how 80% of your group feel when they’re tagged in your:
“Welcome to all our new members”
… posts in your groups.
Your group members who are feeling extroverted/happy to be visible today will be ok/tolerant of these posts.
Your introverted members/lurkers are cringing and irritated.
For your introverts and lurkers it’s pressure.
… Do they untag themselves and look unsociable?
… Do they force themselves to contribute ‘something’, anything?
… Do they have to find the ‘turn off notifications’ option to stop getting notified of comments from people who will likely never post again anyway?
If the aim of your group is to build an engaged community, realise that not everyone is the same as you.
Your extrovert members won’t need you prompting them to post an intro. They’re hard-wired to initiate conversations anyway!
But, introverts and lurkers will make up the largest proportion of your group members. You don’t want to scare ‘your guests’ away before they have had a chance to sit down.
- Introvert Facebook Group Owners be Like… - May 31, 2019
- How Introvert Coaches and Experts Sabotage Their Success Online - May 31, 2019
- Introverted Coach or Expert Marketing on Facebook? You Have an Advantage! - May 22, 2019
- Buy Facebook Ads? Not Yet! - April 19, 2019
- Authority Content: Consumer or Creator? - April 15, 2019
- You Are Not Good Enough! - April 12, 2019
- Facebook Group Admin? Read This… - April 5, 2019
- Are Paid Facebook Ads Essential to Generate Paying Clients? - March 23, 2019
- Behind the Scenes Stats from my Viral Lead Magnet - February 13, 2019
- If You’ve Been Hunting for Membership Software, Try This… - January 31, 2019