I received a call this morning from one of my Social Marketing Profits Blueprint Pilot Group members, who was confused as to why he was unable to access our private Facebook Group.
After asking a couple of questions, I was able to establish that the reason was that he had a Facebook business page but didn’t have a personal Facebook account.
So while talking him through how to make his Facebook page legal, I figured that it would be useful to blog my answer, in case it helps you too.
Logging in to your Facebook business page is illegal!
It’s actually against Facebook’s Terms of Service to create a business page without having a personal profile. – Not only is it against their T0S but you can’t access even the most basic features- like search – when you have a “stand alone” business page – E.g. a business page that you access via a separate login.
It really doesn’t make any sense why they even allow you to set up these stand alone pages! So, if you have a Facebook business page with its own login, then follow these simple steps to make your Facebook business presence legal and to give you access to the full range of Facebook page features.
How to make your Facebook page legal
Step #1: Log into (or create) your personal Facebook profile at Facebook.com
Step #2: Using the search box at the top of your page, search for and go to your business page – and click on the like button underneath the big cover image.
Step #3: Log out of your personal Facebook account, and log into your business page account
Step #4: Go to “Edit Page” > “Admin Roles” then “Add a New Admin” and enter the email address associated with your personal Facebook account.
Click on the drop down menu underneath where you’ve just entered your email address, and choose “Manager”. This will give you full Administrator rights over your page from your personal account.
Click on “Save” and enter the password for your business page account.
Step #5: Log out of your business page account, and log back into your personal Facebook account. Click on the cog icon on the top right hand side of your Facebook home page, and select your business page from the drop down menu.
You have now connected your personal Facebook account to your business page, and in future you will access your page to create posts etc via the cog icon.
The login you had previously for your business page is now redundant. You can dispose of it as you’ll never need to use it again.
Even though you are accessing your business page through your personal account, none of your page visitors can tell it is your page unless you choose to identify yourself. There is nothing shown within the page details that identifies you as the owner.
So now you have a legal Facebook business page. Why not check out this post to learn more about what you should be doing on a daily basis to grow your Facebook page audience
- Getting Ready to Comply With VAT MOSS Using Paypal - December 31, 2014
- Why a Combi Boiler Has More in Common with Your Business Success Than You Might Think! - December 18, 2014
- 3.5 Reasons Why Your Prospects Are Not Buying Your Offers! - December 11, 2014
- The Hidden Cost of Free when Income is in Short Supply - December 4, 2014
- The Reality of Serving Our Clients Versus Selling Our Products and Services - November 27, 2014
- Ethical Email Marketing to Your Linked in Connections - November 13, 2014
- Should You Auto Respond to New Followers in Twitter? - November 6, 2014
- How To Attract More Of Your Ideal Clients - October 30, 2014
- How to Reap The Benefits of Positive Feedback Posted Online - October 23, 2014
- Why The Rise of Ello Should Be A Wake Up Call For Your Marketing Strategy - October 15, 2014