We watched an old episode of The Trip (in Greece) with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon recently.
Steve is the brasher, cockier out of the two.
Rob is more reserved, considered.
Steve is driving their hire car and they’re in a rush to get to the ferry port.
He spots a shortcut – a dusty track off the main road they’re on now that cuts across land leading directly to the port.
Without another word, he pulls the car off the road onto the track.
Rob looks at him, incredulous and concerned.
“Are you allowed to drive across here?”
‘Am I allowed?’
‘Am I ALLOWED?!’
‘Rob, I was BORN allowed!’
I thought that was such a powerful statement.
Sure, it’s a typically Coogan thing to say, but he’s right.
We are ALL born allowed.
Then, from the minute we emerge into the world, we begin learning that we shouldn’t do ‘this’ and it isn’t good to do ‘that’…
We start putting limits on ourselves!
That thing you think you aren’t ‘allowed’ to be/do/have?
What if you decided right now that you ARE allowed?
What would that change for you?
Because, guess what?
You ARE allowed!
- Somebody doesn’t know - May 6, 2021
- Four Steps To Writing Copy That Converts! - April 24, 2021
- Inspiration from Steve Coogan - April 20, 2021
- [Episode 31] I am stuck. I am overwhelmed - February 22, 2021
- [Episode 30] When Your Responses Are Unhealthy - February 15, 2021
- [Episode 29] Who Do You Think You Are Talking To? - February 8, 2021
- [Episode 28] Connection Request Assumptions that will Stall Your Business Growth - February 1, 2021
- Why Paying Income Tax is a Privilege - January 18, 2021
- Do You Track Your Abundance? - January 8, 2021
- You have many more pages and chapters still to write - January 7, 2021