Standing in the queue in the supoermarket last weekend, I was looking at the rack of gift cards next to the checkout.
Some gift cards enable the recipient to buy a ‘thing‘ from a specific retailer… M&S, etc.
Others mean the receipient can enjoy an experience… a meal out with friends, a trip to the theatre with their family, or a day racing a supercar around a track, for example.
People never forget how you made them feel.
Experiences invoke emotions which create memories.
A free online challenge is an “experience” lead magnet.
Instead of offering a ‘thing‘ as your lead magnet, (a PDF checklist, etc), you have an opportunity to deliver a WOW experience that makes a memory when your lead magnet is a free online challenge.
Think of your online challenge as:
… an event that your ideal clients travel from far and wide to attend. Unlike a ‘normal’ event where there might be a handful of people who are interested in what you offer, your challenge participants are all there for you.
… a showcase, where your ideal clients can get an inside peek into your expertise and personality.
… a deep connection, between you and your participants. Their journey from meeting you to liking, knowing, and trusting you is expedited.
When you’ve given them an experience with you, when they have FELT something with you, the chances of them choosing to work with you increase.
You’ll stand out from a crowd that they don’t have that same connection with.
You’ll be more memorable to them and they’ll take more notice of you.
Done well, your free online challenge is a powerful lead magnet for building your most engaged audiences of email and Messenger subscribers – long-term assets for your business…
… that brings you a consistent stream of inquiries, paying clients and raving fans – even if you have a small audience.
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches & Experts Stay Time And Cash Poor (& How To Fix It) - July 31, 2020
- You Can’t Think Your Way Out of Overwhelm - July 25, 2020
- Having a plan B for the plan B! - July 17, 2020
- The content procrastination trap (and an article about me!) - July 14, 2020
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020
- My Facebook ‘Tactics’ to Avoid - June 17, 2020
- Why I Buy Myself Anchor Gifts - May 20, 2020
- Generating Income from an Expert Business Long-Term - February 7, 2020
- 5 Introvert Traits You Don’t Need to Change to Succeed Online - January 16, 2020
- Take off Your Invisibility Cloak and You Will Be Seen on Facebook - November 12, 2019