Step 2 of the Social Marketing Profits Blueprint™ is ‘Connect’ – initiating conversations with your new followers in Twitter and Facebook to begin the process of building a relationship with them.
So it’s easy to see how sending an automated message to new followers in Twitter could be an excellent timesaver. But therein lies the problem.
You see, relationships DO take time. People buy from people, not robots! So sending an automated tweet might save you time, but ultimately it will cost you the relationship.
Equally, a response “thanks for the follow” is white noise. You might as well have automated that response for all the value it will add to your relationship.
So, what I recommend you do instead, is to set aside time twice a week, to look through your newest Twitter followers. Look at their profile and most recent tweets, and compose a personalised reply that ends in a question…
E.g. “Thank you for following Alan. I see you’re heading to New York next week? I love it there – have you been before?”
Now ‘Alan’ will feel that you’re genuinely interested in what he has to say, opposed to just copying and pasting the same tweet to 20 different people.
And by ending the tweet with a question, you’re WAY more likely to get a response too!
Try it today – look at the last 3 people who followed you and send them a personalised thank you tweet.
What happened next? I’d love to know!
- Getting Ready to Comply With VAT MOSS Using Paypal - December 31, 2014
- Why a Combi Boiler Has More in Common with Your Business Success Than You Might Think! - December 18, 2014
- 3.5 Reasons Why Your Prospects Are Not Buying Your Offers! - December 11, 2014
- The Hidden Cost of Free when Income is in Short Supply - December 4, 2014
- The Reality of Serving Our Clients Versus Selling Our Products and Services - November 27, 2014
- Ethical Email Marketing to Your Linked in Connections - November 13, 2014
- Should You Auto Respond to New Followers in Twitter? - November 6, 2014
- How To Attract More Of Your Ideal Clients - October 30, 2014
- How to Reap The Benefits of Positive Feedback Posted Online - October 23, 2014
- Why The Rise of Ello Should Be A Wake Up Call For Your Marketing Strategy - October 15, 2014