Within the past 24 hours, Facebook have introduced a new feature that allows you to interact with pages as yourself or a page you manage – WITHOUT having to switch away from using your personal profile. When you visit a (business) page on Facebook now, you will see a little flag icon to the right hand side; one next to the ‘post on page’ area, and one next to the comments area
When you click on these flags, you have the option to;
- Post on the page
- Share the page post
- Like and/or comment on the page post…
… either as yourself (using your personal profile) or any page that you are an admin of – irrespective of whether you have liked this page as your page/s or not
This is a pretty big development for Facebook prospecting. As part of your daily social strategy, I’ve long advocated you ‘moving around Facebook as your page’. Until now this has meant you switching to using Facebook as your business page, and interacting with posts in your page home feed (the feed of posts from pages you have liked as your page).
But with the introduction of this new feature, you now don’t have to switch between using Facebook as yourself and your page when you want to move around Facebook as your page.
So my recommendation is that whenever are not using a mobile app to access Facebook, and you post on ANY page that you have liked as yourself but it’s somehow related to your business, interact with the post as your business page, not as yourself.
That way everyone who sees the post will see your page name commenting – increased exposure for your business
If you’ve got any questions on this, please do comment below, or hop over to my Facebook page and post your question there – posting as your page of course 🙂
- Getting Ready to Comply With VAT MOSS Using Paypal - December 31, 2014
- Why a Combi Boiler Has More in Common with Your Business Success Than You Might Think! - December 18, 2014
- 3.5 Reasons Why Your Prospects Are Not Buying Your Offers! - December 11, 2014
- The Hidden Cost of Free when Income is in Short Supply - December 4, 2014
- The Reality of Serving Our Clients Versus Selling Our Products and Services - November 27, 2014
- Ethical Email Marketing to Your Linked in Connections - November 13, 2014
- Should You Auto Respond to New Followers in Twitter? - November 6, 2014
- How To Attract More Of Your Ideal Clients - October 30, 2014
- How to Reap The Benefits of Positive Feedback Posted Online - October 23, 2014
- Why The Rise of Ello Should Be A Wake Up Call For Your Marketing Strategy - October 15, 2014