When you sit in networking events or watch an introduction thread in an online community, you’ll notice everyone is using the same formulaic structure.
It’s the same old boring vanilla in a sea of bland.
I had my first call with my “Storytelling Mentor”, Michael Hauge, last week, and to prep for the call, I was reading his book.
His background is in Hollywood movies, and he’s consulted on scripts for several Will Smith movies – including Will’s remake of “The Karate Kid”.
Y’know, just casually dropping Will Smith’s name there and moving right on hehe 🙂
Anyway, back to the book, he recommends that instead of the bland, formulaic elevator pitch style, you flip it on its head
Your introduction should focus on the results of what you do, not the what.
“Hi, I’m Veronica Pullen, the Facebook Queen. I helped a client in the coaching sector to overcome her fear of the Facebook advertising platform, and understand how to use Facebook ads effectively to get attention, build connection, and increase conversions in her business.
In the first 10 days of running her Facebook ads campaign, she got 454 opt-ins to her email list for 21p each – a better result than any of the ‘experts’ she had hired previously achieved for her.”
Next time you’re asked to introduce yourself – online or in your 40/60 seconds pitch at networking events, try this.
Show em, don’t tell em.
PS I came across this Zoom interview between Michael Hauge and Will where Will shares the storytelling foundations behind his movie scripts. It’s a fascinating interview with valuable insights you can take away and apply to how you write for your business.
Get access to my 4-week “Facebook Ads for Beginners (and Phobics!) online program (VALUE £397), exclusively inside my Social Expert Mastermind Club.
The Social Expert Mastermind Club is IDEAL if you want to attract paying clients into your online learning, coaching or mentoring programs and packages from Facebook networking, marketing, and advertising.
Is this you? Then click here to learn more about joining The Social Expert Mastermind Club for £99 today and get access to the Facebook Ads for Beginners (and Phobics!) online program at no extra charge..
- Spendaholics Guide to Facebook Advertising: 7 Ways You Are Spending Too Much for Your Facebook Ads - April 22, 2018
- Why Videos on Your Facebook Page Are Being Ignored… - March 29, 2018
- Boring Introductions in Networking Events and Groups - February 27, 2018
- Using Price Stacking to Convert More Sales from Premium Paying Clients - January 25, 2018
- Experts: How to Use Facebook Remarketing to Increase Your Visibility, Build Connection & Attract New Paying Clients - January 16, 2018
- A Lead Magnet That Gives Your Audience a Memorable Experience - October 17, 2017
- Should You Get Started with Facebook Instant Articles on Your Blog? - September 14, 2017
- Increase Facebook Video Viewers 85% When You Add Video Captions - August 25, 2017
- Remind Your Friends of Your Business: Facebook Nickname - August 24, 2017
- 4 Important Online Changes You Cannot Afford to Ignore - August 23, 2017