Every so often, a post in your Facebook newsfeed will catch your attention.
You’ll pause your mindless scrolling and take a moment to read or watch the content of the post.
You might click on the like button or leave a comment – or possibly share the post if you got value from it.
If there is a link to a blog or article in the post, maybe you’ll even click on the link.
Now and then you’ll take action – either filling out a form with your name and email or making a purchase on the website you’ve landed on.
If you were to count the number of posts you scroll past versus the number of posts that grab your attention, it’s probably something like scroll past 10 posts and interact with 1.
Now, let’s look at the reasons why the posts you do interact with are grabbing your attention…
#1: You have built a relationship with this person.
You know and like that person so you feel a connection with them. You’re interested in what they have to say.
#2: You don’t know this person very well, but you have got value from their posts in the past.
When you see they have posted something new, you pay attention, ready to glean another nugget of value.
#3: You don’t know the person at all, but their post resonates with you.
You feel the emotion, passion or energy behind their words, and connect with them on an emotional level.
You have a presence on Facebook because you want to get noticed by your audience – to attract enquiries, warm leads and paying clients.
You’ve been taught that you need to post regularly, so you make sure that you post something one or more times each day.
You’re posting, but nothing is happening.
Your followers aren’t engaging with your posts and they’re not even opting into your freebie lead magnet, let alone enquiring or buying.
Ok, it’s time for a bit of honesty – with yourself…
- Do you allow your followers to get to know and like you by sharing your authentic stories? Or, are you hiding behind your brand and not letting anyone get to know YOU?
- Are your posts coming from a place of service – from genuinely wanting to help your tribe, or because you want to make money?
- Is there passion and energy in your words? Are you stirring emotion or blandly ticking off a task on your to-do list so there’s no emotion in your message?
If you’re not getting a flow of enquiries, warm leads and paying clients from Facebook, do yourself a favour.
Go back and read your posts again from the perspective of your community.
Be honest with yourself… are you showing up or SHOWING UP?
Don’t post boring, bland, soulless stuff and expect your followers to respond to your posts when you know these are the you scroll past!
Put some ENERGY into your words. Give your audience SOMETHING of you.
After all, your posts are the only thing they can base their decision that you’re the person they WANT to work with – or not!
Show up AUTHENTICALLY, share your PASSION and you’ll attract your like-minded, aligned tribe who will LOVE you, queue to work with you, and who will RAVE about you to their friends.
- [Facebook T&Cs update] Are you prepared for this? - September 15, 2020
- Why do you need so much money? - September 8, 2020
- Are You Assuming The Negative Outcome? - September 5, 2020
- “I DON’T DO MUCH ON FACEBOOK. IT’S TOO NOISY!” - September 3, 2020
- Managing Disappointments in Business - August 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches & Experts Stay Time And Cash Poor (& How To Fix It) - July 31, 2020
- You Can’t Think Your Way Out of Overwhelm - July 25, 2020
- Having a plan B for the plan B! - July 17, 2020
- The content procrastination trap (and an article about me!) - July 14, 2020
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020