I was having a chat with one of my friends a few days ago. We were laughing about how Facebook status updates, or rather your reaction to what you read can plot a journey through romantic relationships.
You see, she has just met a new guy and had emailed me to say she’s just seen his recent Facebook status declaring to his friends that he has met someone special. Awww!
So I thought that just for fun, I would write this blog and share my version of the three stages in a romantic relationship charted in how you respond to the Facebook status updates from new partners.
Stage 1: The new relationship
In the early days of a relationship you are looking for anything you can discover about them and seeing the good in your new partner. Everything they do is endearing.
They say: “I’m really looking forward to spending the weekend with my new love”
You say: “Awwww, they’ve just posted a status update about me. Isn’t that adorable?!”
Stage 2: The comfortable stage
You’re through the first heady stages and you’re used to seeing each other regularly. You’ve reached the stage where you realise that not everything you were enthused by in the beginning is as great as you thought. There’s also still the slight feeling of insecurity.
They say: “Did you see that goal? Definitely offside!”
You say: “YOU NEVER POST ABOUT ME ANYMORE! YOU CARE MORE ABOUT THE FOOTBALL THAN YOU DO ABOUT ME!”
Stage 3: The settled stage
By now you’re probably living together or maybe married. You’re feeling settled and more confident in the relationship. You spend time alone together when you can around work, kids and hobbies.
They say: You haven’t got a clue as you don’t bother reading their status anymore! Anything you need to know they tell you anyway! You’re too busy to keep checking on what they are doing!
Wasn’t life easier without Facebook?!
- Getting Ready to Comply With VAT MOSS Using Paypal - December 31, 2014
- Why a Combi Boiler Has More in Common with Your Business Success Than You Might Think! - December 18, 2014
- 3.5 Reasons Why Your Prospects Are Not Buying Your Offers! - December 11, 2014
- The Hidden Cost of Free when Income is in Short Supply - December 4, 2014
- The Reality of Serving Our Clients Versus Selling Our Products and Services - November 27, 2014
- Ethical Email Marketing to Your Linked in Connections - November 13, 2014
- Should You Auto Respond to New Followers in Twitter? - November 6, 2014
- How To Attract More Of Your Ideal Clients - October 30, 2014
- How to Reap The Benefits of Positive Feedback Posted Online - October 23, 2014
- Why The Rise of Ello Should Be A Wake Up Call For Your Marketing Strategy - October 15, 2014