A couple of weeks ago, Lush found themselves at the centre of an internet outrage storm.
The internet took offence at their campaign in support of women who had been lied to by undercover detectives.
Undercover detectives who live amongst the community, forming romantic relationships as their undercover alias, living with partners for several years, then suddenly disappearing off the face of the earth one day when their undercover mission ends, and they return to their real life.
I don’t know about you, but until Lush started this campaign, I’d never considered this could happen to ‘normal’ (lol) people like you and me.
Lush put the weight of their brand behind a 3-week national campaign to support those affected. Their goal, to take a stand and effect change.
The media ran stories with sensationalised headlines about “how the police lie” that most people didn’t bother to read beyond before going off to rant on their social network of choice.
Lush’s Facebook page received 25,000 1* reviews in one day in a mob handed reaction.
Hurt people, hurt people, after all.
And then, within a day or two, it was all over.
The baying crowd moved on.
The new series of Love Island was announced so there were more important matters to distract them. 😛
Lush didn’t move on though.
They stood firm.
They got up the next day, dusted themselves down, and carried on.
After all, it’s what you do when your mission is bigger than other people’s BS.
You started your business to make a difference, to help your clients transform in an area of their life or business.
When you share your TRUTH online, you’ll start to stand out from the crowd.
Not everyone will be pleased to see you or hear your message.
You will attract push back from those closest to you, and/or random strangers.
Who the ‘negativity’ comes from shouldn’t matter though.
Dust yourself down and carry on.
Don’t let their limiting beliefs limit your impact.
I wrote this blog post about wearing a hard hat 2 years ago, but it’s still so relevant that I’m sharing it again here.
PPS The blog post features a cute doggie image too
- Lurking in Facebook Groups is Costing You Money! - January 3, 2019
- Why You’re Not Attracting Premium Paying Clients from Facebook - December 10, 2018
- How Claire 11x’d Her Premium Package Offer - December 5, 2018
- Your Facebook Group Welcome Posts Are Cringe - December 3, 2018
- You Can Outsell Big Names on Facebook Who Don’t Understand This ‘Secret’! - December 3, 2018
- How to Add Video Captions in Facebook & Get a Free Transcript - August 27, 2018
- Dating my Ex Husband’s New Women: Building Emotional Connections - August 22, 2018
- A Savvy Way to Use Facebook Group Questions - August 22, 2018
- Earn the Right to Your Audience’s Attention - August 17, 2018
- Morning Routine: Doing it Your Way - June 28, 2018