If you are posting videos on Facebook but do not add video captions, a good proportion of your audience will scroll past.
Because most people are accessing Facebook on a mobile app.
Many of them will be in public where having sound playing isn’t convenient.
Few of them will want to faff about with increasing the volume.
And yes, a minority will require the captions due to disability.
The total number of viewers watching your videos without sound could be as high as 85% of your audience!¹
Facebook and Nielsen found that 47% of the value of a video exists within the first 3 seconds.²
When you add video captions? You get to grab their attention.
Without video captions? Too late, they’ve already gone.
Facebook also discovered that adding captions increases viewing time by 12%.³
THEIR ATTENTION IS YOUR GOAL!
What if ALL the people who choose NOT to watch your non-captioned videos are YOUR BUYING AUDIENCE?
What if it is 85% of your buying audience you’re allowing to scroll past your video marketing?
What if you add video captions and gain an additional 85% of the sales your video marketing is generating?
LINKS TO SOURCES:
I get all my captions done at Rev.com for $1/minute. CLICK HERE to download a free coupon to get a 10 minute video captioned or transcribed for free.
- Algorithms and the Ever-Decreasing Facebook Post Reach - September 12, 2019
- Celebrating Our Highest Monthly Sales from Organic Facebook Marketing - August 7, 2019
- 17 Weird Quirks Very Few People Know About Me - July 11, 2019
- Introvert Facebook Group Owners be Like… - May 31, 2019
- How Introvert Coaches and Experts Sabotage Their Success Online - May 31, 2019
- Introverted Coach or Expert Marketing on Facebook? You Have an Advantage! - May 22, 2019
- Buy Facebook Ads? Not Yet! - April 19, 2019
- Authority Content: Consumer or Creator? - April 15, 2019
- You Are Not Good Enough! - April 12, 2019
- Facebook Group Admin? Read This… - April 5, 2019