If you are posting videos on Facebook but do not add video captions, a good proportion of your audience will scroll past.
Because most people are accessing Facebook on a mobile app.
Many of them will be in public where having sound playing isn’t convenient.
Few of them will want to faff about with increasing the volume.
And yes, a minority will require the captions due to disability.
The total number of viewers watching your videos without sound could be as high as 85% of your audience!¹
Facebook and Nielsen found that 47% of the value of a video exists within the first 3 seconds.²
When you add video captions? You get to grab their attention.
Without video captions? Too late, they’ve already gone.
Facebook also discovered that adding captions increases viewing time by 12%.³
THEIR ATTENTION IS YOUR GOAL!
What if ALL the people who choose NOT to watch your non-captioned videos are YOUR BUYING AUDIENCE?
What if it is 85% of your buying audience you’re allowing to scroll past your video marketing?
What if you add video captions and gain an additional 85% of the sales your video marketing is generating?
LINKS TO SOURCES:
I get all my captions done at Rev.com for $1/minute. CLICK HERE to download a free coupon to get a 10 minute video captioned or transcribed for free.
- [Facebook T&Cs update] Are you prepared for this? - September 15, 2020
- Why do you need so much money? - September 8, 2020
- Are You Assuming The Negative Outcome? - September 5, 2020
- “I DON’T DO MUCH ON FACEBOOK. IT’S TOO NOISY!” - September 3, 2020
- Managing Disappointments in Business - August 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches & Experts Stay Time And Cash Poor (& How To Fix It) - July 31, 2020
- You Can’t Think Your Way Out of Overwhelm - July 25, 2020
- Having a plan B for the plan B! - July 17, 2020
- The content procrastination trap (and an article about me!) - July 14, 2020
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020