No doubt you’ve seen me mention #JournoRequest before? It’s the hashtag used by Journalists to tweet requests for contributors they want to talk to for media articles they are currently writing.
This hashtag is one to watch if you want to get media coverage for yourself or your business. I’ve had a few features published as a result of responding to one of these tweets.
But most of us can’t sit looking at Twitter all day waiting for the right opportunity to appear, just so we can jump on it quickly.
The problem is, being quick to respond to the request is often the one thing that determines whether you’ll get the coverage or not!
So I was seriously excited to discover the Journo Requests website recently.
JournoRequests.com helps you to be one of the first to respond to requests by sending you instant email notifications of the tweets posted using this hashtag.
When you create your account, you’ll be asked to choose which topics/keywords you wish to receive notifications for.
My advice is that you select ALL of the topics initially, then monitor your emails closely over the next few days, until you know which topics cover the alerts you want to see. At that stage, you can untick the topics that offer no value to you or your network.
There is a 2-week free trial available, and I highly recommend you sign up for the trial to make use of the instant email alerts. That way you can be front of the queue when the right opportunities come along.
At the end of the free trial, you will be invited to subscribe to continue receiving the instant alerts. If you have signed up for the trial via this link, you will receive a 30% discount on your subscription, for the lifetime of your membership.
If you choose not to subscribe at the end of the free trial, you will continue to receive one ‘round-up’ email per day, notifying you of all the #JournoRequest tweets posted within the previous 24 hours, for the subject areas you have selected.
Just so you know in advance, you will initially be set up for daily alerts when you create your account, then they will upgrade you to the instant alerts manually once they are alerted to your registration. It may take a few hours before you receive the instant alerts, especially if outside of UK office hours.
Let me know if you find an opportunity to be featured, won’t you? I’ve been finding lots recently.
By the way, there are still a handful of places available if you would like me to write your promo copy for you, so you can get more of your customers saying yes to working with you?
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020
- My Facebook ‘Tactics’ to Avoid - June 17, 2020
- Why I Buy Myself Anchor Gifts - May 20, 2020
- Generating Income from an Expert Business Long-Term - February 7, 2020
- 5 Introvert Traits You Don’t Need to Change to Succeed Online - January 16, 2020
- Take off Your Invisibility Cloak and You Will Be Seen on Facebook - November 12, 2019
- Algorithms and the Ever-Decreasing Facebook Post Reach - September 12, 2019
- Celebrating Our Highest Monthly Sales from Organic Facebook Marketing - August 7, 2019
- 17 Weird Quirks Very Few People Know About Me - July 11, 2019
- Introvert Facebook Group Owners be Like… - May 31, 2019