If you’re paying to boost posts on your Facebook page and expecting the money you spend to bring you new enquiries, leads or paying clients, you’re guaranteed to be disappointed with the results.
If you’ve been boosting your page posts using the boost post button next to the post on your page, you likely won’t know of what I’m about to share – but it’s the reason why you’re not getting the results you hoped for…
When you go to set up an ad in either Facebook’s Ads Manager or Power Editor, the first step is choosing your ‘Marketing Objective‘
That is, telling Facebook what you want your ad to achieve for you.
There are 3 overall results that are promised, and every campaign objective you can choose is listed under one of these 3 headings. The choice you select here is the ultimate result you are choosing to pay for.
As you can see, the 3 promised results are shown in the column headings, and are:
You’ll notice that the first choice under the AWARENESS heading is ‘boost your post’!
Like I said, if you’ve been boosting your page posts using the boost post button next to the post on your page, you won’t have seen these headings to know that you’re choosing to buy awareness.
If you’ve used Ads Manager or Power Editor to set up your previous ads, you’ve probably seen these headings but not really taken in what they mean for you in terms of promised results.
Okay… let’s look at each of these a bit more closely:
If you walk past a billboard on the side of the road, you’ve noticed it – you’re ‘aware‘ of the ad, and maybe even the company whose ad it is.
But that’s the extent of it. You’re ‘aware‘ of the ad/product but you’ve not been motivated to stop what you are doing to go and buy the product being advertised.
5 seconds later, you’ll have forgotten you even saw that billboard, let alone remember the product being advertised!
If you see an advert on TV or in print for a product you’re interested in, there’s a reasonable chance you’ll pull out your phone and go looking for their website there and then.
If you are still keen on it when you’ve seen all the details, there’s a chance you’ll click through and buy or bookmark for later.
If you’ve used Ads Manager to run a ‘send people to your website‘ campaign to err… send people to your website, you can see it’s listed under the ‘consideration‘ heading in the image above.
However, the key point of note here is that it is a ‘product you’re interested in’.
Targeting even the best ad to a broad (large) audience and hoping a few will want to buy, will also result in you wasting your money on disappointing results.
Instead, did you know you can use a very simple resource inside Facebook to show your ads to people who are MOST LIKELY to buy?
It’s called ‘custom audiences’ or ‘remarketing audiences‘ (which translates to people who have already indicated interest in what you offer so are more likely to be your BUYING AUDIENCES) and targeting your ads to your buying audiences is a much more profitable strategy.
Whether conversion for you means opt-ins to your freebie incentive (lead magnet), prospects booking your free consultation or clarity call, or buyers for your products, services, or program, when most of us choose to spend money with Facebook, getting conversions is our ultimate goal. Conversions are where you’re going to get a positive return on your ad spend.
So with this in mind, when you pay to boost your posts (either using the boost post button or via Power Editor or Ads Manager), you’re PAYING FOR AWARENESS but EXPECTING CONVERSIONS!
There’s a total mismatch in expectations from the outset, eh?!
No wonder you’ve spent so much for so few results!
And that’s before we even get into how boosting posts by clicking on the ‘Boost Post’ button on your page means you’re charged upfront, regardless of results, BUT have very little control of targeting – so that’ll be why you’re getting random likes from African countries.
Or, the fact that at best, only 50% of the people who have liked your page will even choose to be ‘aware‘ of you, let alone ‘consider’ buying or becoming a ‘conversion‘.
The good news is, Facebook advertising is a highly powerful resource for you to generate enquiries, leads and paying clients – but only when you know how to use it effectively.
It sounds obvious, but you only know what you know, and your choice in whether to tick this box or select that option can have a considerable impact on your results and the amount you pay to advertise.
So, I’d like to invite you to check out my “Facebook Ads for Leads” online program, where you’ll watch over my shoulder as I craft a Facebook advertising campaign from scratch, explaining each step in detail as I go along…
Inside the program, you’ll be guided step-by-step through setting up your Facebook advertising campaigns and optimising your ads for CONVERSIONS…
… translating “Facebook speak” into clear English at each step so by the end of the program you’ll have a VERY clear understanding of how each of your choices impact your results – ready to get started with setting up your new, profitable ad campaigns immediately.
You will be able to follow along as I craft a campaign from scratch, including:
- Guided tour of Power Editor* so you can confidently find your way around, including getting to know the time (and sanity) saving shortcuts.
- Deciphering the promised result of each campaign objective so you understand exactly what results you can expect, BEFORE you spend a penny on advertising.
- How to spend less to increase your results when you put your ads in front of your warm (buying) audience – people who have already taken an action to indicate interest in what you’re offering and who are most likely to convert.
- Applying what you already know about your clients to create compelling ads that will grab the attention of your buying audience who will know you’re talking directly to them.
- The opportunities for split testing to find the golden combinations that produce the best results from your audience.
And much, much more.
Despite what you may have been taught elsewhere, there is no template that can guarantee your ” best performing ads” from the outset.
At the same time, there IS a point within your marketing strategy for when boosting posts is the right choice too.
By the end of the Facebook Ads for Leads program, you’ll have a great understanding of Facebook advertising in general, be able to choose the objective, targeting and placement options that will deliver the results you hope for, and craft compelling ads so you can massively improve your current results.
How much longer are you willing to throw money at Facebook advertising and boosting posts without understanding what you’re paying for, and then being disappointed and out of pocket because you didn’t get the results you hoped for?!
In just a short while from now, you will have all the knowledge you need to shortcut the learning curve and start getting your Facebook ad spend working PROFITABLY for YOU!
Unless you’ve got an unlimited ads budget and a LOT of time to figure this out alone, you cannot afford to waste another moment!
(I’ve also added an instalment plan to make access to this valuable training super affordable for all. Click on the link above for details.)
More about Facebook advertising…
- Morning Routine: Doing it Your Way - June 28, 2018
- Bath Bombs and Truth Bombs | Online Visibility - June 15, 2018
- Spendaholics Guide to Facebook Advertising: 7 Ways You Are Spending Too Much for Your Facebook Ads - April 22, 2018
- Why Videos on Your Facebook Page Are Being Ignored… - March 29, 2018
- Boring Introductions in Networking Events and Groups - February 27, 2018
- Using Price Stacking to Convert More Sales from Premium Paying Clients - January 25, 2018
- Experts: How to Use Facebook Remarketing to Increase Your Visibility, Build Connection & Attract New Paying Clients - January 16, 2018
- A Lead Magnet That Gives Your Audience a Memorable Experience - October 17, 2017
- Should You Get Started with Facebook Instant Articles on Your Blog? - September 14, 2017
- Increase Facebook Video Viewers 85% When You Add Video Captions - August 25, 2017