Following the recent Facebook page changes, the way you use your Facebook page has changed. The ability to switch to using Facebook as your page has gone, messages, notifications, and where you see the news feed of pages you have liked as your page has moved.
Watch a 4-minute demo for how to:
- Access your Facebook page messages and notifications
- See the home feed of pages you have liked as your Facebook page
- Switch between commenting on posts from pages (not personal profiles or groups) as your personal profile or your Facebook page
- Select to like a page as yourself (default) or your Facebook page
The low-down: Facebook page changes April 2016…
You can still do everything you have been able to do previously, but in a different way:
The big difference is that previously switching to using Facebook as your page would show your page name in the blue bar at the top of Facebook. Now, when you visit your page via the upside down triangle, top right of Facebook, you will still be using Facebook as your personal self, and the notifications and messages alerts showing in the blue bar will be your personal notifications, not your page.
When you visit your Facebook page, your page messages and notifications now appear along the top of the page.
Click on ‘View Pages Feed’ to see the feed of pages you have liked as your Facebook page.
When you click on ‘like’ on a page, by default you will be liking the page as yourself.
Click on the 3 dots to the right-hand side of the cover image, and select ‘like as page’ to like the page as your Facebook page.
You will see posts from pages you like as yourself in your personal newsfeed.
You will see posts from pages you like as your page in the Pages newsfeed, by selecting ‘view pages feed’ from within your page.
Join the Social Marketing Power Hour Club for just £7 per month and enjoy monthly access to powerful strategies for getting in front of your ideal clients on social media, and converting them into paying customers.
Delivered in three formats (video, audio, and text transcript – along with a downloadable implementation plan to help you apply what you learn quickly), each Power Hour session has been specifically designed to enable you to learn AND implement in just ONE HOUR each month! Get the low-down here: http://www.socialmarketingpowerhour.com/
- [Facebook T&Cs update] Are you prepared for this? - September 15, 2020
- Why do you need so much money? - September 8, 2020
- Are You Assuming The Negative Outcome? - September 5, 2020
- “I DON’T DO MUCH ON FACEBOOK. IT’S TOO NOISY!” - September 3, 2020
- Managing Disappointments in Business - August 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches & Experts Stay Time And Cash Poor (& How To Fix It) - July 31, 2020
- You Can’t Think Your Way Out of Overwhelm - July 25, 2020
- Having a plan B for the plan B! - July 17, 2020
- The content procrastination trap (and an article about me!) - July 14, 2020
- First, you have to believe it! - July 4, 2020