Yesterday I had a 1:1 with a client who showed up to the call feeling down on themselves. In their words they “hadn’t got anywhere this week”, and confessed that they were even going to cancel our call because they felt they hadn’t achieved anything.
But within 5 minutes I had established that just in the space of the past 6 days, FIVE massively positive things had happened in their business. I would call that a fantastic week and be celebrating how well this month was going already.
Yet they were so caught up in seeing the negative everywhere, that they simply couldn’t see what they had achieved that was so amazing. The negative voices often do shout the loudest.
I do the same to myself sometimes… usually when I’m feeling exhausted. And I bet you do too.
I feel blessed that in my role as their mentor I was able to support my client to recognise how amazing they are, and help them feel much more positive about themselves… so they left the call buzzing with ideas again – all within 30 minutes.
Yet had they not have shown up to the call, I would not have been given the opportunity to support them, and it’s pretty likely that the negative voices would have continued with their shouty ways for some time yet.
And that’s another thing I know… that it can be hard to reach out for support… to admit that we’re feeling anything less than perfect.
Today is Valentine’s Day, and the world is full of people being romantic towards their partner. But you are important too… are you showing yourself love?
Take 5 minutes now and jot down everything positive that has happened to you this week… no matter how small the win, write it down. Then read it back and celebrate. Reward yourself… love yourself.
If you feel in need of support, reach out and ask.
Because I think you are incredible and deserve to feel fantastic. I’m proud of you.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Getting Ready to Comply With VAT MOSS Using Paypal - December 31, 2014
- Why a Combi Boiler Has More in Common with Your Business Success Than You Might Think! - December 18, 2014
- 3.5 Reasons Why Your Prospects Are Not Buying Your Offers! - December 11, 2014
- The Hidden Cost of Free when Income is in Short Supply - December 4, 2014
- The Reality of Serving Our Clients Versus Selling Our Products and Services - November 27, 2014
- Ethical Email Marketing to Your Linked in Connections - November 13, 2014
- Should You Auto Respond to New Followers in Twitter? - November 6, 2014
- How To Attract More Of Your Ideal Clients - October 30, 2014
- How to Reap The Benefits of Positive Feedback Posted Online - October 23, 2014
- Why The Rise of Ello Should Be A Wake Up Call For Your Marketing Strategy - October 15, 2014