There’s a direct correlation between your ability to write sales copy that your audience resonate with, and the volume of enquiries, subscribers and paying clients you will attract online. If your copy doesn’t connect with your readers emotionally, they won’t be motivated to take the action you want them to – e.g. to buy your online programs or services.
Problem is, most coaches, trainers, and other service providers struggle to write their own sales copy, nor do they want the aggro of hiring a copywriter.
So, in this post I’m going to share my very simple, step-by-step “Painless Promo Copy” process to create persuasive ‘non pushy’, emotion based sales copy that will attract an endless stream of email subscribers and paying clients – that you can write yourself, with ease.
Prefer video? Watch my livestream replay:
Step 1: Decide which ONE service or online program you want your copy to promote and the ONE ideal client avatar that you want to attract.
Any piece of sales copy you write should always be talking to one person, your ideal client avatar. You should also only be promoting one thing within each piece of copy. It still surprises me that people still sit down to write sales copy without having a clear idea who they’re selling to, and trying to sell more than one ‘action‘ in a single piece of copy.
So, what ONE program or service will this copy promote and who do you want to buy it?
Step 2: Write a list of all the pains, frustrations, and/or problems that this program or service resolves.
What is it that brings your clients to this program or service? What are their pains, frustrations or problems that their committment to resolve them leads them to you?
E.g. you’re here because you want to be able write better sales copy.
So, when I was writing copy for my Painless Promo Copy program, my list of your ‘pains‘ included:
- Concerned at not being able to attract enough (or any) paying clients online.
- Worried that if you don’t start making an income soon, you might need to get a part time job, or throw in the towel altogether.
- Fearful of not being able to pay your bills on time, or racking up debt.
- Frustrated because you know you have so much to offer, that when clients work with you, they get great results, but when you promote your business online, nobody buys.
Step 3: What are the likely consequences to them of not dealing with their pain, problem, or frustration?
Suppose they take no action and carry on as they are? What will be the consequence of their inaction, in say, a year’s time? List them out.
- You spend hours writing copy that your audience scroll past – tons of wasted time.
- People who are in need of your help right now never knowing that you are the one who can help them, because they’re not resonating with your copy – lost sales opportunities.
- Guilt over the amount of money you have spent on Facebook advertising and boosted posts,with nothing to show for it.
- Your income levels won’t increase and you’ll be no nearer to achieving the success you you know in your gut you could achieve.
- Imagine how you’ll feel if in a year’s time you do find yourself having to work full-time for someone else in a job you’re not enjoying to pay your bills or clear debts?
Step 4: What is the solution that your online program or service provides – what is the outcome that your clients are buying?
Where do they want to get to after working with you?
E.g. you want to easily be able to write captivating sales copy that your readers will feel a connection with and be MOTIVATED to respond to, so you can reach more of your ideal clients and attract a stream of enquiries, warm leads and paying clients online.
Step 5: Identify someone close to you that when they are upset, you can empathise with their pain?
It might be your husband or wife, son or daughter, or cousin or friend. But think of someone who, if they come to you feeling sad or worried, you’re able to feel their pain, and connect with it.
For me, it’s either hubby or my mum but it doesn’t matter who you choose. Just pick one person.
Step 6: Now, imagine the person you identified in step 5 is also your ideal client. They have come to you with the pain, problem or frustration you identified in step 2, and want help to get to the outcome you identified in step 4…
You’re now going to write them a letter. In your letter:
- Empathise with their pains/problems/frustrations that you listed in step 2, and spell out exactly how they feel in as much detail as you can.
- Explain the consequences of not dealing with this problem using your list from step 3. Spell out what’s likely to happen if they ignore this problem?
- Using your list from step 4, paint the picture of the difference to their life or business AFTER they have resolved this problem. Show them how it will have improved.
- Recommend yourself as the ideal person to help them – except you’re going to talk about yourself as an independent, third-person. If you’re like most of my clients, you’ll find it’s easier to really sell yourself if you think of yourself as a third person. Tell them why you are recommending [you] and the reasons why [you] are the best person to help them resolve this problem.
- Introduce your program or service, ensuring that for every feature you list, you also demonstrate the benefits.
- Remind them of the pain, re-emphasise the vision, and then tell them what you want them to do next (the call to action). “If you are ready to [escape pain] so you can [achieve vision], then [call to action.]”
E.g. If you are tired of struggling to get noticed online and want to discover my simple, step-by-step, replicable process for crafting persuasive ‘non pushy’, emotion based sales copy that will attract an endless stream of enquiries, email subscribers and paying clients – with EASE, then click here to get instant access to the Painless Promo Copy program now.
When you’ve finished writing your letter, edit the intro to yourself back into the first person, and add in headlines etc to fit the structure of where you’ll be using this copy.
Are you tired of writing sales copy that doesn’t sell? Frustrated that you aren’t attracting the volume of enquiries, subscribers, and paying clients you hope for?
Join my Painless Promo Copy online program to start enjoying the results of putting high-conversion marketing copy in front of your audience, inspiring more people to take action… and getting more clients saying YES!
Inside the program, I’ll take you deeper into each step of how YOU can write words that sell and enjoy the results of attracting an endless stream of enquiries from your DREAM clients, eager to work with you.